Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What the Eff, Universe?


Sorry for no blog post yesterday. I actually had a total and complete computer meltdown yesterday. Not good when your entire home business is on one computer. Luckily, I have the best husband in the world who helped me get a new computer last night. I officially ditched the PC world to try out Mac. What can I say, those "I'm a Mac"/"I'm a PC" commercials really worked on me. 

So far, the Mac has been okay. I'm not loving it though. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. I may end up returning it and getting back to the familiar PC. We'll see how it goes.

But with this whole computer breakdown, in addition to feeling like crap all weekend and some weird black-cloudy things going on with my sister, I began thinking that the universe is just not cooperating lately. And you know what? I was right. The universe really is out of whack. Anyone ever heard of Mercury being in retrograde? 

I'd heard it a few times in the past, but I never really knew what it was all about. So, I did a little digging. Apparently, on Monday, May 26th, Mercury went into retrograde and it lasts for about three weeks, with everything not totally straightened out until July 4th. Basically, from what I read, a planet goes into retrograde when it appears to be moving backward. It's not actually moving backward, it just looks that way thanks to some type of cosmic shadows.

So what does it mean for us? According to www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html, Mercury being in retrograde causes general confusion in our world. It messes with communications, travel, appointments, mail and the Internet. (Yeah, I was skeptical too when I saw astrologers referencing the Internet. But whatever.  I suppose they have to adapt to modern times too.)

These are the things that Mercury in retrograde affects:

* thinking and perception
* processing and disseminating information
* all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation

It causes personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers (Bingo!), buses and trains.

According to the "experts" in all this, the aggravation and frustration that we experience during this period is a result of our inability to roll with the punches. Apparently, I do not roll well.

So what do you think? Are you buying this? Anyone else having issues with the universe?

Or, is the real reason for my technology breakdown the fact that I clicked on a picture on Perez Hilton, which resulted in about 60 different Explorer windows opening and blinking all over my screen? I'm blaming Mercury.



3 comments:

KGH said...

I noticed that Mercury being in retrograde can affect transportation. Does that mean the CTA is always in retrograde?

pH said...

this truly does explain my work woes.

Woodford Man said...

this blog is getting a little too deep for me...