Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Just Call Me John Hodgman


I am officially a Mac dropout.

After giving the MacBook a shot for 2 weeks, I returned it to the Apple store yesterday. It just wasn't working for me. I know, I know, Macs are less vulnerable, more intuitive, more efficient, cooler and all around better computers. But, remember people, I'm a writer. I'm not into the techy stuff. This blog is as techy as I get. I want my computer to be pretty, comfortable and easy on my eyes. And the MacBook just wasn't. The screen was too small and made me squint, the keyboard left dents in my wrists and the Mac right click function didn't do it for me.

As convincing as those commercials are, I'm afraid I am much more like the portly PC dude. I'm just not Justin Long enough, I guess.

So I am back on a Dell--and so much happier. Of course, lingering in the back of my mind is that hope that the new Dell doesn't break my heart into pieces like my last one did by frying my hard drive after just three years. But, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry to all you Mac lovers out there. Maybe next time. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for Office 2008 for Mac, I have an extra copy.

2 comments:

pH said...

did you really just refer to yourself as portly?

What happened to the Mac? did you return it?

Woodford Man said...

i agree. i'm just not cool enough for the mac. then again, i'm just not cool enough for most things. except this blog.