Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Star Power

Me, Beth and our goodie bags playing it cool with the "My Boys" guys. From left to right: The cute one (aka Kyle Howard), the nice one (aka Michael Bunin) and the hot one (aka Reid Scott). Back row: Random, beefy bar tool


Everyone knows I love listening to Eric & Kathy on The Mix every morning. I walk around the house/my office with a little portable radio and listen to them almost all morning long, unless I have a bunch of phone calls. I'm even a Mix Insider, which means I get emails about different contests and special deals that are Mix-related. I've been entering these contests for years now and so far have only won two different free movie passes. But this week, I won my third contest: two VIP passes to the "My Boys" screening party and cast meet-and-greet at Martini Park.

Okay, most people have never even heard of "My Boys." But, I actually watch it. Hey, summer TV stinks so I take what I can get. Plus, it's a show that's based in Chicago (even though they mostly film in L.A.), so that makes it fun. All in all, not a bad show, but not must-see TV.

Anyway, Beth and I went to this thing last night at Martini Park. The bar itself is pretty cool. Pretty trendy, but the Thursday night crowd didn't seem snotty or anything. We had a good time hanging out with each other. But there wasn't too much going on in the VIP room...just a lot of girls flipping their hair around. The bar, obviously, had a ton of different martinis and some free passed appetizers (can't go wrong with fried mac-n-cheese and homeade doughnuts). Mostly, though, Beth and I did some celebrity stalking to try meeting the three castmembers who were there. We basically followed them around the bar in an oh-so-stealth manner until we escaped the VIP room and finally caught all three of them alone, without any handlers or fans around. So Beth made the move (she's the brave one!).
We got our pictures taken with them and talked to them for a few minutes. Beth chatted with the hot one about his name, Reid. I chatted with the cute one about "Orange County," which he was in and which is one of my favorite movies. And the not-so-hot and not-so-cute, but nicest one talked to both of us. Good times. Pretty anticlimatic, but totally worth all the stalking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much fun! We are the best celebrity stalkers ever!!!!

pH said...

So you talked to My boys but you refused to talk to Eric and Kathy your true celebrity crushes...

just doesn't make sense.

Woodford Man said...

superstar.