Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hostess with the Mostess



Anyone who's been around me when I'm planning a party knows that I get a bit neurotic.

Between thinking no one is going to show, OCD-like cleaning and obsessive candle lighting, I have party-planning issues. Once the party starts, I'm fine, but that preparation time makes me a bit bonkers. So, that's why I am so excited for the Hip Hostess event tomorrow night at the Ivy Room at Tree Studios.

Jennifer Sbranti, founder of Hostess with the Mostess (http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/), will be here demonstrating fun ways to throw the perfect party. Jennifer's website is chock-full of entertaining ideas for everything from showers to dinner parties to gift ideas. She offers creative decorating tips and tricks with a hip, modern twist. Some describe her as Martha Stewart meets the ladies of "Sex and the City."

Add in no admission fee and free food and drinks from Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, and good times are sure to ensue.

Full disclosure time...Even though I would go to this event even if my best friend wasn't in charge of hosting it, she is. Courtney has been working her butt off planning this event, along with six other Hip Hostess events hitting seven different cities across the country, for a while now. And I know how much time, energy and hard work she's put into this project. Knowing Courtney and knowing what a PR superstar she is, I'm sure it will exceed all expectations and be totally worth all those sleepless nights. The best part? I get to hang out with Courtney for a couple days while she's in Chicago, which is always a total treat.

No comments: