Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 30, 2008

Nice to Get Away




This weekend we headed up to Michigan to my parents' house to hang out with them, my sister and her family. Although it was way too short of a visit and we missed Josh, it was a great time.

I always come back from Ann Arbor feeling so much more relaxed and rejuvenated. It is one of my favorite places to visit. It certainly helps that I'm with most of my favorite people in world too.

I talk to Lisa about 3-5 times a day, but it's still great to see her in person. I hadn't seen Adam since he was first born, and he has changed a ton in just three and a half months. He is just the sweetest little butterball and so happy. He is always moving his arms and legs, and you can just tell that he has a ton of energy. Not surprisingly, Jody and Adam totally bonded. Adam laughed so much when Jody started jiggling his arms and legs. It was the cutest thing.

Edin is still a total cutie. She's full blown into her terrible 2s, which makes her a little more high maintenance, but no less fun. It's awesome to hear her talking--and in three different languages no less!

Of course, with all these babies, my sister is exhausted. I swear, she is amazing with her kids and I am in total awe at how much she does for them. Hopefully between all of us, she got as much relief as possible. My parents had been Super Grandma and Grandpa all week, and I know that they helped her out a lot.

Jody even convinced Lisa to ditch the kids on Saturday so she and I could get mani/pedis. Sure, Edin gave her some hell when we got home, but at least Lis got an hour for herself...and pretty nails to match!

Jody and I also went with my dad to see the new Indiana Jones movie. We all agreed it was pretty cheesy, but it was fun. The perfect summer popcorn flick.

All in all, a great trip! Can't wait to go back soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! Since I'm seeing you tonight, I'm catching up on all your recent blogs. You can quiz me if you want!I always forget my passwords and user names, so I'm going to have to go the shady anonymous route.-Katie