Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Little Self-Promotion

Since people are often asking me what kind of thing I'm writing these days, I figured I could start posting some of my stories up here for anyone who's interested in reading them. That gives me a chance for a some shameless self-promotion and gives you all a chance to waste even more time on the Internet. Your welcome.

This year was a slower year for me than last year, partially by my own choice and partially because the economy sucks. So, this year the majority of my work came from several business-to-business magazines and all of the work I do as the Managing Editor of Nurses Lounge magazine. But, I'll try to just post some human interest stuff and some niche articles that may interest some of you.

For now, here is an article that is in the December issue of Today's Chicago Woman. Click on this link to get to the story:
http://www.tcwmag.com/interviews.aspx?interviewID=56

This was a really tough piece to write because it is such a tragic story about a young woman facing ovarian cancer. But, when I met Kelly at a Starbucks in the Gold Coast for the interview, I was struck first of all by how much she looked like Reese Witherspoon and how young she was. Then she just totally blew me away with her positive attitude and outlook on all of this. In the end, I was really happy to get to tell Kelly's story and spread the word for her.

No comments: