Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ann Arbor Thanksgiving

We had a great time up in Ann Arbor for Thanksgiving this year. My parents had a full house with us and Charlie, Josh, and Lisa and her fam. It was so relaxing and so much fun. I swear, my parents' house is one of the only places where I can truly unwind. I love going there.

We had a great turkey dinner for Thanksgiving, and we also finally celebrated my dad's 60th birthday with all of us together. We were supposed to all come in for it in January, but Lisa was too pregnant and Josh couldn't get away, so we had to wait until now. At least we squeezed it in before his 61st!

We then spent the rest of the weekend eating, walking, playing with the kids,watching the entire new season of Entourage On Demand, and lazing around the house. Good times.

Well, we did get out a bit: We went to coffee every morning with my dad at Portofino, our favorite coffee shop by my parents' house. Jody and Josh hit the Ann Arbor bar scene one night. Lisa, Josh and I all made it to the gym. And, Jody and I tried to go to the Michigan vs. Penn State women's volleyball game, but it was sold out. We thought no one would be there with it being Thanksgiving weekend and all, but since Penn State is the No. 1 team in the country and has had a totally undefeated season (not even losing one set) the place was packed. Other than all that, we were mostly lazy.

It was so much fun to see the kids too. Adam has gotten so much bigger and he really has an adorable little personality. He is a total sweetheart and is just the cutest little guy ever. Edin is still so much fun and you can have real conversations with her these days. She's a smart one too! She really listens and absorbs everything around her and it is just pretty awesome to watch.

Prior to the weekend, my mom and I planned to take Edin to get her first proper haircut, but we ended up both being too scared to take her. We didn't want to be the mean aunt and mean grandma! After Jody and I left on Sunday, though, my mom gave Edin a trim herself. I haven't seen the new 'do yet, but apparently my mom's haircutting skills have improved since I was a little girl and suffered through many uneven cuts. I'm still planning on coming through for Edin with a proper salon cut when (hopefully!) Lisa and the family come in to Chicago this January. We'll see.

It's been tough getting back into the groove of work again since being home. But, it's going to be a busy couple of months before the baby so we've just had to buckle down.

Hope you all had great Thanksgivings too! Here are a couple pics from the weekend...



No comments: