Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weekend Whirlwind

With Courtney and Jeremy's wedding just a couple weeks away, the bridesmaids hosted her bachelorette party this past weekend. We'd been making plans for a couple of weeks and finally pulled it all together. I hadn't been out with the girls in a while, so Jody took on daddy duty and off I went.

We started out at Katie's place for dinner, drinks, gifts, etc. It was great getting to see everyone and catch up, all while celebrating one of my very favorite people: Courtney! Later on we hoped on a trolley for a little bar crawl. We had a few buzzkills through the evening with some people drinking a little too much and then some alcohol-induced drama setting in among some party goers. But, it ended up being a pretty good time. I stayed out later than I planned and it took a while to get Zoe back to sleep once I got home. But Jody did a great job with her during the day. She just needed some major mommy time when I got home.

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day with a much-needed low-key day. Jody got us breakfast. Zoe slept for a long time in the morning, so Jody and I got some time alone, which is so rare these days. Jody made my first Mother's Day really special with flowers, cookies and new jeans! We took a long family walk and then had Jody's family over for Chinese food. All in all, it was a great first Mother's Day!

No comments: