Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Murrell

Last weekend we headed down to Louisville for Courtney and Jeremy's wedding and it was so much fun. It was Zoe's first overnight trip and she did pretty well. She slept through the night there and didn't wear out her babysitters (my parents) too badly. My parents made the 7-hour trek from Ann Arbor to take care of Zoe, so Jody and I could enjoy the wedding to the fullest. Huge thank you to my parents. That was above and beyond the grandparent/parent duty! It's been a little rough for Zoe getting back this week, with a few nights of 4 a.m. wake-ups. So we're hoping that ends soon.

The weekend was so much fun. The rehersal dinner was at Courtney and Jeremy's new condo, which located downtown. It's a gorgeous place and the food was amazing. Jeremy's parents cooked up a storm and we were all stuffed to perfection. I am still craving more of that mac-n-cheese. It was a great way to catch up with everyone and to get to know some of Jeremy's friends and family in a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.

The wedding the next day was awesome. It was outside at a historic mansion with beautiful grounds. The rain let up just in time so they could still hold the ceremony and reception outside. Courtney was a beautiful bride and the two of them were so happy and adorable together. The band was really fun and we got in some good dancing.

Mostly though I was just thrilled being there and seeing Courtney get married. She is like a sister to me, and I couldn't be more excited for her to start married life with the perfect guy for her. They really are a special couple. I was the matron of honor at the wedding, so I had to give a speech at the reception. I was totally nervous and just hoping to hold it together. At my sister's wedding I cried my way through the entire speech, so I was determined to get through this one. It was rocky at the start, but I made it through.

I could go on and on about how happy I am for Courtney and Jeremy, but I'll spare you all the mushy stuff. For now, I'll just say congratulations you two! Can't wait to see you again soon!


No comments: