Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Round-up

Me, Beth, Beth's niece Lilly, and DeAnne at the shower.



Although we had a good Labor Day weekend, we're bummed that the end of summer is right around the corner. Actually, Jody is more sad than I am about this. I'm not a huge fan of super-hot weather normally, but the pregnancy has made me truly hate the heat. Luckily, I'll be spending the majority of it during cooler months.

We had a pretty jam-packed weekend seeing friends and family, and Jody got in a lot of volleyball. Friday night we headed to Uptown with Chris and Karen to check out a Chinese food restaurant we saw on Check, Please! called Silver Seafood. The people on Check, Please! said that it was the best Chinese food in the city, so we had to give it a shot. It was a fun night with the Stierwalts as usual, and the restaurant was interesting. Despite the kinda shady atmosphere, complete with garbage bag-type tablecloths, majorly scuffed up walls, menus that hadn't been reprinted since the '70s, and a very odd dancefloor in the middle of the restaurant, the food was good. I think Chris and I liked it better than Karen and Jody. Actually, if we lived around there I'd definitely make it a regular on the takeout rotation. But, I'd probably skip the eat-in option next time.

Saturday, Jody spent the whole day at the beach playing volleyball, and I had another shower. This time it was Beth's bridal shower. I love going to Naperville whenever I can and it was a really nice shower. No cheesy games or anything! Beth seemed so happy and totally deserves to love every minute of her wedding celebrations. I also had fun catching up with DeAnne and all three of Beth's sisters who came in for the festivities.

Next up was family time on Sunday with Jody's family BBQ in Homewood. We hadn't seen Mason in a while, and he's gotten so big and changed so much since last time we saw him. He is just a totally adorable, energetic little guy! I can't believe he's already almost 2.

Today Jody played more volleyball and I shopped (with little success) for clothes that don't make me look like a cow. I'm eager to get past this "fat phase" of pregnancy. It's tough because my regular clothes don't look quite right and maternity clothes are too huge. I'm sure a big baby bump will cause me plenty of grief in upcoming months, but for now I'm not loving the in-between stage. I'll happily take any words of wisdom from you moms out there about how to dress in month 4...What to Expect doesn't cover this!

Hope you all had good, long weekends. Enjoy the short week!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Old Navy sells "barely there" (I think that's the name); you can only wear them until about 6 months, but they are essentilly the same pants they sell normally w/ elastic in the back; they still have buttons; ties etc in the front.

Target Liz Lange line also had a few things that are made for early on only... The same sort of maternity pant (i.e. elastic) but... it was a much tigher; smaller band than the rest of the stuff; it says only until 6 months also I think.

Enjoy the 2nd trimester :)

Christine

PS I had to buy my Old Navy online as they had a much better selection.

Alison Hunt said...

I loved my bella band. I wore that with most of my pants until I was about 20 weeks. Like you, maternity clothes were too big for quite a while so I bought a lot of "regular" clothes a size bigger than what I normally would wear. There are a lot of shirts out there that are non maternity that work well for this time. I bought a lot at Anthropologie that I ended up wearing until I delivered. So happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to celebrate soon!