Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Splat


I hate pigeons. They're disgusting rats with wings, and they are not scared of me. My pigeon hatred stems from when I worked downtown and they always ran me out of the Hancock courtyard when I tried eating lunch there in my 45-minute timed lunches. The final straw came when I was chased out of the courtyard only to find a pigeon-free table nearby. Just then a nasty pigeon plopped down on my table and hopped over to my sandwich. I screamed, jumped up and abandoned my sandwich. Since then I've had a bad relationship with pigeons. Luckily, I don't work downtown anymore and they're terrified of Charlie, so I have very few pigeon encounters anymore.

But I don't hate all birds, and today I'm feeling especially bad for non-pigeon birds. That's because today I was sitting at my desk looking out the window when I saw a cute little yellow bird flying around...well, flying right toward the window, actually. And, yup, you guessed it, he slammed right into my office window and SPLAT, that was the end of the poor little yellow bird. Why is it that cute birds are the ones that slam into windows? Why not pigeons?

What I'm really wondering is if it is bad luck if you witness a bird flying to his/her death in a window you're looking out of? For some reason, I feel like that's a bad sign.


No comments: