Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jon Stewart for President?



With all this convention stuff dominating our TV for the past two weeks, I've realized how irritating most of the mainstream TV media is, give or take a few good journalists out there.

But, man, I love Jon Stewart. He may not be an actual journalist, but he is smart, tough and just all-around awesome. Today, my dad even referred to him as "the most trusted person in news." And apparently, my dad wasn't just being a superfan when he said this.

When I looked into it further, I found that when Americans were asked in a 2007 poll by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press to name the journalist they most admired, Jon Stewart came in at #4, tied with Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather and Anderson Cooper. Then a study this year from the center's Project for Excellence in Journalism concluded that " 'The Daily Show' is clearly impacting American dialogue" and "getting people to think critically about the public square."

This week, I've been turning to the "Daily Show" after watching the RNC, mostly because laughing about it keeps me from getting too pissy. Below is a great clip from yesterday's show that I really think Obama's people should use in some way...or at least hire Jon Stewart's researchers for their campaign.


Whether you love Jon Stewart or not, can we all agree that he puts Katie Couric to shame?

1 comment:

pH said...

U LUV JOn Stewart.

I Luv Ross PeroT. Whatever happened to him?