Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sleepy and Soggy

Now I feel bad. I've been wishing for cooler weather and it looks like my wish was granted. Today is such a cold, gloomy, rainy day...and our poor pooch doesn't like it one bit.

Charlie hates the rain and thinks we are totally torturing him when we take him out in it. It's really quite pathetic. He smooshes himself against the buildings and tries to hide out in doorways with coverings through the whole walk.

Inside, safe from the crazy water from the sky, Charlie is still bummed out. He hardly ever sleeps on our couch no matter how much Jody and I try to get him up there, but not today. He's been up there almost all afternoon hiding from the rain monster and hardly even wagging his tail. It's sad. Maybe my mom will loan us her Happy Light for days like this. What do you think, Mom? Will it help?

Here's some photographic proof of poor Charlie's Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). See below:


Charlie in happier times (just two days ago) with the warm sun shining.



Charlie today, down in the dumps and dreaming of drier, happier days.

2 comments:

pH said...

Are you sure Charlie wasn't just hung over in that pic?

Anonymous said...

We got your Chicago weather here today. My comment to Charlie: I feel your pain, buddy. I'm not sure I can spare the happy light but it might be worth it just to have Jody become a believer!