Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bootie Bust

Charlie and the evil booties

With this subzero weather, I've been so worried about poor Charlie freezing his paws off. Last year I bought him these fancy schmancy Mutluk doggy booties, but, he wants nothing to do with them. When I put them on him, he looks at me like I am the meanest person in the world. I was able to get him to wear them on his front paws for a short period of time last winter, but this winter he's being way more stubborn and refuses to have anything to do with the booties.

So this year I bought him some cheaper booties, thinking the Mutluks were just uncomfortable. I busted out the cheapy ones today and got the same reaction. Total torture. I got one on him, but then he wouldn't put that paw down on the ground with the bootie on. Instead he just stood there on three legs looking terrified. I just don't get it. The booties are a good thing, but he just doesn't get it. Instead, we went outside today bootie-less. He walked half a block and started limping and trying to pull me back home. I got him to go a half a block more to do some business and then finally we turned around. He then proceeded to bolt all the way home, almost sending a very pregnant me toppling. I think I need to officially pass all dog duties on to Jody until this cold passes. Sorry, J. Blame Charlie and his anti-bootie ways.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Chuckles, i know you wear the booties. You can do it...

Anonymous said...

Suzie has been getting super cold too (Milo doesn't mind as much - more fat). Today Susie's front two paws got cold, so she lifted them up which resulted in her falling face first into the snow. Poor thing. I thought I was going to have to carry her home. Karen