Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It Feels Good




Today is a good day. Last night's historic Obama victory was amazing. I thought it was just the baby making me weepy, but after talking to several other people today, I realize I was not alone in the tears.

I mean, even the Hoosiers went blue (the first time since 1964). I already had a soft spot for Indiana thanks to IU, but now I am extra proud of our corn-loving neighbors. I was hoping Josh would help pull off the blue in Montana, but, hey, it was close there too, which is still pretty cool.

I wish we could have gone down to the rally last night at Grant Park, but it was cool watching Chicago on TV and knowing that eyes all over the world were looking upon our beautiful city with pride. Seriously, the city looked awesome, and I am so proud of all Chicagoans for keeping their cool and just having a genuine celebration.

I cannot wait to see what happens next. Although most people around me were Obama and/or Hillary supporters throughout this long race, I know there are a few of you out there who weren't. But no matter who you voted for, you gotta admit, there is a buzz in the air today that we haven't felt in a long time. Change is a-comin'. Let the countdown to Jan. 20, 2009 begin...

(These rally pictures are from DeAnne, who went down there last night. Thanks for sharing, D!)

1 comment:

pH said...

D, I cried too. What a world of difference this felt from four years ago when I woke up and it felt like we were in an atomic bomb aftermath. Even Drex on the radio was somber. Anyhow, I apologize for the redness of KY. However Louisville was blue. I tried.