Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Four-Legged Pretzel


Every day it seems like Charlie finds some new, wacky way to sleep. I guess it makes sense when you sleep about 18-20 hours a day that you'd want to try out some different positions. But, it's crazy. I swear, our dog is part pretzel.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I'm so sick of sleeping on my side, but I'm totally entertained by Charlie's twisted nap moves. I just don't get how he can be in such a deep sleep when his head is facing one way and his body is going in a completely opposite direction (see above). Or when he is flat on his back playing dead and fast asleep for like an hour and a half. Or when he jams his head into the weirdest places and sleeps among our crazy mess of TV/stereo/DVD wires in the family room. Or when he smooshes himself up against a wall even though he has plenty of room to sprawl out.
When Jody's not home, I always take pictures of Charlie in his bizarro sleeping poses so Jody can be as entertained as I am. Yes, I am going to be quite a camera-happy mommy, aren't I? Let's just hope the baby doesn't get any ideas from his/her doggy brother.

2 comments:

pH said...

I love the charlie squashed to the wall pic!

Susan said...

Jasper does all these crazy sleeping positions too! How funny.....I wonder where they learn it?