Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Barack the Vote


Just a quick reminder to everyone to get out there and vote today. Don't let the long lines discourage you. It's worth it.

Jody and I went to our local Salvation Army gymnasium this morning after the before-work crowd and we got in and out in about 10 minutes. There was so much good energy flowing through the gym among all the workers and the voters; it was all pretty cool. After such a long campaign season, so many emotions running through this election, and so much at stake today, it felt awesome to actually get out there and cast our ballots. Plus, I got my free "I voted" Starbucks decaf, and I'm hanging on to my receipt to get my free yoga class at Bloom later this week.

Now I'm preparing for a long night in front of the TV, biting my nails, crossing my fingers, and holding onto hope that our country has learned its lesson from the past 8 excruciating years.
Update: Just saw this clip online and I thought it was a good one to share. As the folks at TPM said, this will get you charged up: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/242707.php

1 comment:

natureldy1 said...

"I'm fired up and ready to go!" Let's hope the rest of the country is too.