Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Executive Experience

Although I've tried keeping political comments to a minimum on the blog, it's been a while since I've brought up the election. With only 9 days to go, I have to bring up something that's really annoying me.

Whenever John McCain is asked to defend Sarah Palin's lack of experience and the public's general perception that she is not ready to be vice president or president for that matter, he always talks about her "executive experience." In fact, I just saw an interview with him where he said: "Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Joe Biden or Barak Obama." This is where I get confused.

Yes, I know McCain's been around forever. He has served the country as a war hero and as U.S. Senator. I realize that he's been around way longer than Obama. But, hey, where's is McCain's "executive experience"?

When McCain says Palin has more experience than Biden or Obama, I'm hearing: "Sarah Palin has more executive experience than John McCain." So, are we to assume that he would seek executive advice from Palin? Um, scary....and doubtful.

You see, McCain and Biden have a pretty similar political resumes. Actually Biden has been in the Senate 14 years longer than McCain. And it's not like McCain had any notable executive experience prior to going to Congress. Now, I know McCain is not running against Biden, but to say that Palin is more experienced than Biden just makes McCain look bad to me. I mean, a lot of things about him and his whole sleazy campaign make him look bad to me right now, but this is something that's really been bugging me.