Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Scooter Crazy World



The US is going scooter crazy.

Last year I bought a very low end Chinese import scooter off the internet. Its a starter scooter, and further, I wanted to be sure D would be OK with the concept. She is fine with me riding, but has not taken the plunge.

I am here to say, it’s not worth buying a low end scooter. Never buy a Roketa. I have had to fix the electric starter, turn signals, headlight, replace battery, etc....

Back to the point. My latest issue was with the headlight. This meant I could not ride at night. Therefore, no Wednesday night volleyball for me via the scoot.

When I called a couple of scooter / motorcycle shops to get the headlight fixed, and the smallest wait time to even look at the scooter was 8-10 business days. More likely 2 weeks to even have time to look. All of the shops were saying how backed up they are with the boom in Scooter sales and thus repairs.

Well this just goes to show that the price of gas is really affecting the economy. This is my first direct affect other than it costs $50+ to fill up the tank. Scooters are selling like hot cakes because the get 50-70 miles per gallon to combat ever rising gas prices. I guess we are catching up with what Europeans already knew about scooters. They are cheap, get great gas mileage, and you can park them anywhere...I am a big scooter proponent.

I did get the headlight fixed, so I am back in business.

4 comments:

pH said...

Good to see you are well on your scooting way. I don't think D should go on a scooter though. Too dangerous.

If anyone wants to win a scooter Bolla wines is giving two away. Just sign up at
http://www.bolla.com/buddy.aspx

:) scoot scoot for free!

Diana said...

J, check out Courtney's scooter contest. The Buddy is a sweet scoot...This could be your chance to graduate from the Roketa!

Woodford Man said...

court won't let me have a scooter.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're scooting along again after all your trials and tribulations. They were just small little roadblocks on the scooter highway. sometimes it's difficult to do the right thing. Mom wishes you continued safety and success.