Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day

Photo by: Steve Carroll, Luncheon Chairman (not pictured)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love bank holidays! It's one of the perks of Jody working for a bank and of me having a flexible work schedule. Yesterday, we had Gracie (the nanny) come and Jody and I got to enjoy a beautiful fall day out and about with each other.

I worked in the morning while Jody caught up on some much-needed downtime at home. Then we headed over to R.J. Grunts in Lincoln Park to meet up with the Hunts and Steve for a Veteran's Day Luncheon. Having friends who also work for banks is pretty great too! It was a really nice lunch--thanks to Steve for organizing! Lydia represented the baby faction quite well on her own since Andrew and the Stierwalts couldn't make it and Zoe was playing with the nanny.

After lunch, Jody and I ran some errands and went over to the North and Sheffield area to do some shopping. We were going to see a movie since it's been way too long since we've seen anything in the theater, but there was nothing worth seeing and it was too nice of a day to sit inside a dark theater chowing on popcorn. In the meantime, however, I am counting down the days 'til "New Moon" comes out!

Finally, we finished the day with a good workout (we had to work off all the chips we ate at lunch). When we got home Zoe was in such a great mood after a day of play with Gracie, making it the perfect way to end a really fun day.

Jody and I rarely get time together sans Zoe and it was really nice to get a chance to just focus on each other for a little while. Thank you bank holidays! And, of course, thanks to the veterans for all that they do!

No comments: