Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Spa-ahhhh

Dinner in downtown Scottsdale at Olive & Ivy
The hike The view

The spa

This gloomy, premature fall we're having here in Chicago has been tough to take, especially since coming back from such a gorgeous weekend in Scottsdale. My mom, my sister and I have been doing a spa trip to Phoenix for the past four years, and I don't think I've ever looked forward to it quite as much as I did this year.

This year we went back to the Camelback Inn and we all decided that we would stick with Camelback from here on out. The resort is surrounded by the desert mountains and is so peaceful.

On Saturday, Lisa and I did a hike through the mountains. We'd never really explored the surrounding area before and it was awesome, and you would not believe some of the homes we saw...unbelievable! Then we spent the rest of the day at the spa and pool just unwinding and having fun. I'm not much of a spa snob, but the Camelback spa is my all-time favorite. My massage was a little too intense (I was totally sore the next day), but I definitely needed it. Carrying around 17 lbs of baby all day long, along with getting into some of the most contorted positions while nursing a very squirmy 6-month-old have made me feel about 100 years old sometimes. I think the massage must have helped, though, because even if I feel old I got carded at dinner. (A nice ego boost...but, seriously, once you have stretch marks are you really allowed to get carded?!)

It was hard being away from Zoe and Jody for the first time and pumping six times a day was kind of a pain. But all the relaxation and Mirel Girl bonding was awesome! Is it too soon to start counting down to next year?

No comments: