Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shower Power

I vowed not to post any more pics of myself up here until post-baby, but I liked this sister shot.
This is a gorgeous blanket Jody's mom knit for the baby. Making it even more special was that it was her very knitting project.


The milk and cookie bar. So cute, so yummy! Cookies courtesy of Heather.

Still no baby. This is how I have to answer all emails and phone calls these days. This little one is taking his/her time, that's for sure. I really thought yesterday was the day. I was feeling bad, having contractions all day and well into the night and then, boom, they stopped and I slept like a baby. I never thought I'd be bummed to get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. But seriously, I'm just so ready to meet this baby--and so ready to be done being pregnant!

I've realized that the last few weeks of pregnancy are definitely not my favorite part of this whole 9-month process. But, having the baby shower a couple weeks ago definitely helped make things much more fun in the final weeks.

A couple weeks ago my sister, Beth and Courtney held such a nice, fun shower for the baby. It was so fun having Lisa in town for the weekend, and I had her all to myself since she left her hubby and kids in DC. We have not really had sister bonding time like that in so long and it was really fun. My mom also came into town and even stayed an extra day, so I was totally spoiled with Mirel girl time!

The shower was at Beth's house and the three of them really outdid themselves. With Jefferson Hill Tea Room-inspired foods (where me, Beth and my sister all worked in high school school), a milk and cookie bar, adorable decorations and great friends and family, it was such a nice day.

I had been unsure about having a shower, but I'm so glad we did. It was awesome having so many of my favorite people all together to celebrate the baby. Jody and I know how lucky our baby is to be coming into a world with so many people who already love him/her so much. Thanks to everyone for such a fun day. It really did make the end of this pregnancy road very special. And and a huge thanks to Lisa, Beth and Courtney--the hostesses with the mostestess!

No comments: