Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy belated Father's Day to all the great dads out there! I'm biased, but I happen to think I am surrounded by the best dads around. My dad has been a constant source of support, love and friendship to me. And Jody is everything a dad should be to a little girl; he is totally and completely in love with Zoe and makes her feel like the most special person in the world every single day.




We had a great Father's Day celebration yesterday. First, we headed up to the Highland Park pool, which is a pretty great place for kids. And Zoe loves swimming! She is so happy and cute in the water--kicking her legs like crazy and just floating around. Anytime we take her swimming, though, she constantly says "No help Zoe!" So, Jody got her a cute little Dora intertube that finally allowed her to feel like she was swimming all on her own. Miss Independent, I tell ya. Jody's dad met up with us at the pool and she loved showing off her swimming skills Grandpa J.
After the pool, we had a nice brunch with Jody's dad, and dessert at an adorable cupcake bakery in downtown Highland Park. Since I'm still on the gestational diabetes diet, I just admired the selection and planned for what I will eat next time we're there post-baby! Like her daddy, Zoe has a major sweet tooth, so she and Jody thoroughly enjoyed their mid-day treat.

Back at home, we had some low-key family time. We grilled out and hung out with our new neighbors who were all out enjoying the beautiful weather. Our new neighbors have been really nice so far, and there are a lot of kids in our complex. Zoe has taken a particular liking to the 8-year-old boy upstairs. She is totally his shadow and he's been so nice to her as she runs after him shouting his name. All and all, it was a lovely way to celebrate my and Zoe's favorite guy--Jody!!

No comments: