Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Cheesy Lights and Fancy French Food

Last week we had the Second Annual Cheesy Light Display & Fancy French Holiday Dinner Extravaganza with SACLDFFHD Chairman Steve and Jeremy, the H's and the Stierwalts. We started off at Lincoln Park Zoo for ZooLights. The zoo looked great--pretty lights with just the right amount of cheese. Jody had his trusty flask and, despite my germ concerns, the boys warmed up with some Woodford.

We then headed over to Mon Ami Gabi in the Belden-Stafford for a yummy French dinner of steak frites for Jody and me. I hadn't had steak since Valentine's Day (a.k.a. the night I went into labor), so that was a treat--but really I just wanted the frites! The building's lobby and the restaurant were all decorated for Christmas, which added to the whole night. Mon Ami Gabi is such a cozy and lively spot--perfect for hanging out with a larger group. We've all had a pretty eventful 2009, with three new babies and all, so I think we needed a good night out to just catch up and celebrate. It was a really nice night with good food, good wine and great friends!

No comments: