Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Search Is On

So for the past two weeks I have spent every second of Zoe's sporadic nap times searching for a part-time nanny. I've been trying to get back to work, but I know I won't really be able to get any real work done until we get some help in here a couple days a week. I've been scouring the NPN web site every day and answering a gazillion different posts about part-time nannies. We interviewed two this week and have two more coming in this weekend.

It has been totally overwhelming. I know it's only going to be part time and I may be at home working some days, but it's so difficult knowing how a total stranger will care for our daughter.

This summer Jody's mom has been coming down one day a week to watch Z for a few hours and we have a babysitter coming in another day. But, Jody's mom goes back to school in August and our babysitter is heading to med school at the end of the month.

We really liked one woman who came this week, but she lives on the far northside, so we may be too far for her. Keeping my fingers crossed that something works out though. As much as I love my days with Zoe, I really am ready to get back to writing. I am getting way too rusty.

No comments: